In Stock – have your gate in just 2 days! Select sizes only. Please allow an additional 5 to 10 days if you choose to have this gate stained/ painted. Rear “A” braced so that it can be hung either side. Please note, the start price is higher than our “any size” Brentwood Side Gates due to the width being 3ft (rather than 2ft)
Chappelwood Hardwood Side Gate (select sizes only)
- How to Measure
Stunning, hand-crafted hardwood side gates. Manufactured from the finest, hand selected Iroko hardwood (with a superior density level of 660kg/ m3). Combining traditional, time served construction techniques such as Mortise, Tenon & Dowel Joints alongside thick frame, deep cladding and rear structural bracing our gates really are built for strength and durability.
Available Sizes (in stock):
- Width: from 3ft to 3ft 6″
- Height: 6ft
- Made to Measure – all gates online can be purchased to the nearest inch, if you do require a more precise size, please contact us. (Unlike others – there is NO additional cost for bespoke, we simply base price on the next size!)
How to Calculate Gate Width:
- Take 3 measurements between opening – Top, middle and bottom – use the smallest measurement.
- If posts are already in place, reduce your measurement by 20mm (4/5″) to allow for clearance.
- Putting in posts, don’t forget to also reduce this from your measurement.
- When you have your measurement – select from drop down menu. If the size is not there, call or select next size down.
HOW TO MEASURE
Calculating gate width with existing pillars or posts in place.
Take THREE measurements between the pillars/ posts. Across the top, middle and bottom. Make a note of the SMALLEST measurement.
Gates to opens inwards towards property. Hinges mounted on rear of post/ pillar with the back edge of gate being inline with back of post/ pillar.
REDUCE 20mm (approx. 4/5") from your lowest measurement.
There are two other ways of setting your garden/ side gate up depending on personal preference. The two diagrams shown below if you the set up with the gate in the centre of the pillars and one where the front edge of the gate would be inline with the front of the pillar. These posts can be mounted to the side of your pillar.
Clearance of 20mm (approx. 4/5") still required. Gate swings inwards towards property.
Materials used in the construction of our wooden gates is a key part for their durability and outstanding natural beauty. Our softwood gates are produced using the finest, slow grown redwood pine from sustainable forests. Slow grown timber provides greater density levels (close to hardwood). Although more expensive it does produce a longer lasting product.
Rear Bracing: Most gates will be produced with a diagonal brace system. This is sometimes changed to an "A" brace design if needed due to size.
|TIMBER||Slow grown Redwood Pine|
|FRAME||3" x 3" (70mm x 70mm)|
|CLADDING||T, G and V - 19mm x 125mm (nominal)|
|REAR BRACING||3" x 2" (70mm x 47mm)|
|STAIN (if added)||Sadolin|
|CONSTRUCTION||Mortise, tennon and dowel jointed|
|HANDCRAFTED||Made in the UK|
|SIZES||Made to measure|
All products are made on order. As such, delivery times can go up and down depending on order volume. We delivery across the whole of the UK (mainland only - please call if Isle of Wight etc).
Wooden Gates (inc Garage Doors): Week commencing 1st August. (If adding a stain or paint finish, please allow a further 5 to 10 days.)
Metal and Metal Infill Gates: Week commencing 25th July.
Accessories (automation kits, intercoms etc): 1 to 2 working days.
This is a week commencing date and can therefore be any day from the 25th July up until the 1st August. For a more accurate time, please call our team on 0800 6124 965.
Need it faster? Call our team to discuss our Express Service. We can provide wooden gates, unstained in as little as 5 days.
- Garden Gates: £19
- Side/ Pedestrian Gates: £29
- Driveway Gates (softwood): £49
- Driveway Gates (Hardwood): £99
- Metal Framed Driveway Gates: £99
- Sliding Gates: £99
- Sliding Gate Kit (if purchased without a gate): £99