METAL FRAMED BI-FOLD GATES – THE STAMFORD
Our “Prestige” gate range. Combining the strength and durability of deep metal frames with the natural beauty of hand selected timber infill to create a truly elegant gate, that really does “make an entrance”. Beautifully constructed by hand from hardwood Iroko and metal 40mm x 40mm box frame. The frame will come standard with a black powder coat finish but other options and colours are available. Being a bi fold in design makes it a great gate for those where the opening space is limited or driveway slopes up. The gates are able to fold back on themselves so only needs a quarter of the width of the gates in its open position.
Working out the required gate size:
To work out the size of the gates take the opening width you have (between pillars/posts) and deduct the following to allow for hinges. This is assuming the gates are to be opening inwards.
- 3 x leafs minus 60mm from opening size
- 4 x leafs minus 70mm from opening size
- 5 x leafs minus 80mm from opening size
- 6 x leafs minus 90mm from opening size
- 7 x leafs minus 100mm from opening size
- 8 x leafs minus 110mm from opening size
The above measurements allow 20mm clearance between the edge of gate and post/pillars, 10mm between 2 leafs attached with a strap hinge and 10mm for the clearance in the middle of the gates (where the two gates close in the middle).
For more information or advice with working out your measurements call us free on 0800 612 4965 and we will be happy to help. All gates online can be purchased to the nearest inch, if you do require a more precise size, please contact us. (Unlike others – there is NO additional cost for bespoke, we simply base price on the next size!).
Constructed using the finest Iroko (hardwood) – a naturally aesthetically pleasing wood. Expertly crafted by hand to any size in the UK. First by our skilled fabricators then to our experienced joiners for infill. Our metal framed gate range is what we are most proud of. Attention to detail both for look and durability is paramount. Sturdy 40mm x 40mm premium frame work, smooth welded joints, solid 30mm x 15mm rear bracing bars and stainless steel screws to fix the timber into place. To help prevent the gate from twisting or warping, welded braces are placed throughout the rear of the gate to ensure the cladding is correctly fixed. As timber is a natural product, it is prone to move during the seasons – in fact, a single piece of cladding can swell or contract up to 1.5mm, therefore, unlike others, we predict this movement and all gates are produced with a (non see through) expansion gap allowing the gate to “breathe” without anyone noticing it. The gap is dependant on gate size, and is usually between 5mm and 15mm which runs along the frame, parallel to the cladding width. This ensures stability of the gate without compromising the look.
Installation? Electric or manual sliding gates – call for details.
- Width: from 6ft (each side 3ft) to a massive 20ft (each side 10ft)
- Height: from 4ft to 7ft – taken to the highest point of the gate.
- Made to Measure – all gates online can be purchased to the nearest inch, if you do require a more precise size, please contact us. (Unlike others – there is NO additional cost for bespoke, we simply base price on the next size!).
- Included FREE of charge: 4 x Adjustable Hinges (and Hinge Pins),hinges on all bi fold gates, opening handle and lock and 4 x drop bolts. As standard, the position of the hinge pin will be 6″ (150mm) from top and bottom of the gate. If you require these at a different measurement (for example, pins already set in pillars), please call to order.