METAL FRAMED 3/4 SPLIT DRIVEWAY GATES – THE KENT
Our “Prestige” gate range. Combining the strength and durability of deep metal frames with the natural beauty of hand selected timber infill to create a truly elegant gate, that really does “make an entrance”.
Constructed using Iroko (hardwood) – a naturally aesthetically pleasing wood. Expertly crafted by hand to any size in the UK. First by our skilled fabricators then to our experienced joiners for infill. Our metal framed gate range is what we are most proud of. Attention to detail both for look and durability is paramount. Sturdy 40mm x 40mm premium frame work, smooth welded joints, solid 30mm x 15mm rear bracing bars and stainless steel screws to fix the timber into place. To help prevent the gate from twisting or warping, welded braces are placed throughout the rear of the gate to ensure the cladding is correctly fixed. As timber is a natural product, it is prone to move during the seasons – in fact, a single piece of cladding can swell or contract up to 1.5mm, therefore, unlike others, we predict this movement and all gates are produced with a (non see through) expansion gap allowing the gate to “breathe” without anyone noticing it. The gap is dependant on gate size, and is usually between 5mm and 15mm which runs along the frame, parallel to the cladding width. This ensures stability of the gate without compromising the look.
Installation? Electric or manual sliding gates – call for details.
- Width: from 6ft (each side 3ft) to a massive 20ft (each side 10ft)
- Height: from 4ft to 7ft – taken to the highest point of the gate.
- Made to Measure – all gates online can be purchased to the nearest inch, if you do require a more precise size, please contact us. (Unlike others – there is NO additional cost for bespoke, we simply base price on the next size!).
- Included FREE of charge: 4 x Adjustable hinges (and hinge pins), stainless steel handle and lock providing ultimate protection for your home. 2 x drop bolts. As standard, the position of the hinge pin will be 6″ (150mm) from top and bottom of the gate. If you require these at a different measurement (for example, pins already set in pillars), please call to order.
- As standard, the framework will be finished in black (included in price) with optional finish to choose from for timber. We can also supply the frame in any RAL colour if needed.
- Due to the weight of these gates. We only recommend “below ground” posts for support or install to existing pillars (as long as the pillar is structurally sound).
Calculating Driveway Gate Size:
- Take three measurements between existing posts/ pillars – top, middle and bottom (as below).
- Take the smallest of the three widths and reduce as follows: (depending on gate set up)
Option 1: Gate hanging on the rear of posts/ pillars. Main advantage of this set up is the reduced gap that is visible between the gate edge and post.
To calculate gate width: Take the lowest measurement and reduce by 50mm (2″).
Option 2: Gate mounted between existing posts/ pillars.
For further information, please call our sales team direct on 0800 6124 965.