COMPOSITE BI-FOLD DRIVEWAY GATES – THE WESTFIELD:
Eco friendly composite bi-fold driveway gate. Constructed from 60% bamboo (FSC 100% Certified) and 40% recycled High Density Polyethylene, environmentally gentle bonding agent, additives and tint. Saving these materials from landfill, giving them value and recycling them into a long life product, provides a harmonious solution to sustainable living all set within a deep metal box frame using UK steel to produce an extremely durable and low maintenance gate. If you would like to order a free sample set of our composite cladding, please see here.nnNot only are composite bi-fold driveway gates better for the environment, you’ll never have to worry about staining or treating it ever again…just simply hose the gate down!
Working out the required gate size:To work out the size of the gates take the opening width you have (between pillars/posts) and deduct the following to allow for hinges. This is assuming the gates are to be opening inwards.
3 x leafs minus 60mm from opening size
4 x leafs minus 70mm from opening size
5 x leafs minus 80mm from opening size
6 x leafs minus 90mm from opening size
The above measurements allow 20mm clearance between the edge of gate and post/pillars, 10mm between 2 leafs attached with a strap hinge and 10mm for the clearance in the middle of the gates (where the two gates close in the middle).
For more information or advice with working out your measurements call us free on 0800 612 4965 and we will be happy to help. All gates online can be purchased to the nearest inch, if you do require a more precise size, please contact us. (Unlike others – there is NO additional cost for bespoke, we simply base price on the next size!)Installation? call for details.
- Width: from 6ft to a massive 20ft.
- Height: from 4ft to 7ft – taken to the highest point of the gate.
- Made to Measure – all gates online can be purchased to the nearest inch, if you do require a more precise size, please contact us. (Unlike others – there is NO additional cost for bespoke, we simply base price on the next size!).
- Included FREE of charge: 4 x Adjustable Hinges (and Hinge Pins),hinges on all bi fold gates, opening latch and 4 x drop bolts. As standard, the position of the hinge pin will be 6″ (150mm) from top and bottom of the gate. If you require these at a different measurement (for example, pins already set in pillars), please call to order.
Benefits of Composite Gates:
Composite Cladding Options: Four options available as standard. Stone grey, Oak, Granite and Walnut.
- Due to the weight of these gates. We only recommend “below ground” posts for support or install to existing pillars (as long as the pillar is structurally sound).